"Putting the "Action" in the National Labour Plan" will take place Oct. 30 at the Black Knight Inn in Red Deer, Alta. The summit, hosted by the Agriculture Industry Labour Council of Alberta (AILCA), will feature speakers on a number of key labour topics facing Canada's agricultural sector.
Seminars will include:
- Global Trends and Labour Needs in Canadian Agriculture by Michael Burt, Conference Board of Canada
- Labour Task Force Report: What is Happening in Canada Now? by Portia MacDonald-Dewhirst, Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council
- Recruitment Strategies and Challenges by Cheryl Knight, workforce development consultant
- Skill and Career Development in Agriculture: Available Tools and Local Resources panel discussion
- TFW Streams: What Works Well and Industry Challenge panel discussion
- Dealing with Cultural Diversity by Tina Varughese, tWorks, cross-cultural communications consultant